Henley’s Great Big Green Bazaar
Come to the Great Big Green Bazaar for a terrific array of green stalls with lots for the family to see and do.
- The Trees Group will advise on trees and shrubs they can supply to increase the biodiversity in your own plot be it a back garden, paddock or field.
- We are so fortunate that Professor Richard Fortey, President of the Oxfordshire Fungi Survey will be on hand to identify the mysterious toadstool you may have found at his Fungi Roadshow. Bring along a picture or a specimen to show.
- There will be a Fairtrade stall of goods, Greenshoots will have their produce to sell as well as a potato printing activity for all to enjoy.
- If you go along to Greener Henley’s Wildlife stall you will find some activities for our younger environmentalists to do, as well as some interesting displays and tips on how to make your garden even more wildlife friendly.
- Are you interested in encouraging swifts? The Swift Support Group will be happy to hear from you.
- What about meeting the kind folk of the Toad Patrol and hear about their escapades helping hundreds of toads to cross the A415 to get to their breeding pool each year?
- Henley Quakers are manning a stall (Making Peace with Our Planet) to explain COP26 and what we can all do to encourage Alok Sharma MP, this year’s President of COP26 and the other delegates to take the right action at the Climate Conference in November.
- If you are looking for ways to get more cars of the road and save money speak to Henley Car Club.
- The town’s Climate Emergency Working Group will be on hand to explain the Henley Environmental Action Plan and how we can all get involved in improving Henley’s environment.
- Other interested folks there will be Clean Air for Henley, Henley and Goring Ramblers and Sonning Common Green Gym.
Finally if you haven’t managed to do the Family Trail of British Endangered Species on display in many of the town’s shop windows, you can pick up a spare entry form from the Greener Henley Wildlife stall. There will be a prize for the first correct entry pulled out of a hat!